Clean LCD Screen? What Do I Do?
How To Clean LCD Screen? And What Do I Not Do?
First of all, don't panic...
This is hard especially when your pride and joy has a mark or scratch or something that looks permanent, like crayon or something worse.
Basically first of all, you can consult your owners manual.
This may be no help if you have something that is really permanent like paint or or some other problem like a physical scratch.
In which case, consult the manufacturer, or a Technician.
Under no circumstances should you press or rub hard on the panel as you try to get a clean lcd screen or plasma screen.
Many lcd screens and plasma screens have a Chemical coating which gives the screen a matte look, and some rough rubbing can completely remove it, giving the panel a shiny spot.
Which is not a good look, but check the content of the cloth, if it has Aloe Vera, like a tissue, or any oils in it, they can cause your screen to look like it is beyond help... Read on...
As I said, don't panic, 99% of the time the instructions below will give you a clean lcd screen or plasma screen...
Be careful before using any product on a matte screen, or one that has no reflections if you look at the panel side on.
Especially take care when you clean LCD screen, it cannot take excess pressure on the screen, and is usually made of a very thin, high grade plastic.
A Plasma panel is made of a very thin glass envelope, which may have a thin glass filter screen in front of it.
It will take up to the equivalent shock of an Apple dropped from 3 feet... And no More...
Not a computer, a fruit... :)
This is very fragile I am sure you will agree.
Don't test this info out, though.
And it is not strong as your old TV screen, which was designed with sandwiched sheets of glass, similar to an auto windscreen, but thick enough to stop a bullet.
Just follow the instructions below, and if that fails to give you a clean screen...
The only sure fire way to fix a really permanent mark is likely a replacement front filter screen, or a complete replacement lcd panel or plasma panel...
Don't panic, all you will get is a clean lcd screen...
LCD vs Plasma? Which Is The Best?
from wikiHow - The How to Manual That You Can Edit
If you get fingerprints or dust on your screen, you'll want to clean it off. But given the expensive prices of plasma TVs, you need to be careful to treat it right.
- Review your owner's manual. It should give you the best instruction for your set.
- Use only a microfiber or 100% Cotton cloth. Do not use wood-based products such as paper towels or toilet paper, they could scratch the screen.
- Do not use ammonia-based cleaners such as Windex, 409 or others. They could damage the anti-reflective coating on the glass.
- Try first wiping it dry with the cotton or microfiber cloth.
- If the problem persists, use a damp (water only) cloth to clean it.
- Some manufacturers recommend using mild soap, but do not do this unless your manufacturer recommends it.
- One of the best products for cleaning LCD screens also helps to 'fill in' minor imperfections, at least temporarily is one designed specifically for Plexiglas/polycarbonates used in motorcycle helmets, motorcycle windshields and aircraft windows... Plexus. Clean with a soft cloth or microfiber brush to remove dirt, vigorously shake the can and spray a light coating, top to bottom. Wipe with a soft, lint free cloth (a Vileda cloth is perfect) in a circular polishing motion. I have maintained an NEC screen this way for years and it looks brand new. The Plexus is designed to fill in minor imperfections and though it must be renewed periodically will clean a dirty screen and make an old screen look new.
- There are some products marketed as 'plasma TV screen cleaners' or as safe for plasma screens that are not. Just because they call it a plasma TV cleaner, don't believe everything you read.
Article provided by wikiHow, a collaborative writing project to build the world's largest, highest quality how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Clean a Plasma TV Screen. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.
Leave Clean LCD Screen For Home...